Data Logger Suite: Logging and Monitoring
Detecting data timeout using our data loggers and sending alert emails
We have a number of scales that have a serial to Ethernet connection, and the data logger software retrieves data from these. I'd like to ensure they are outputting data.
- Data Logger Suite: Logging and Monitoring Professional, Enterprise or Trial version
- ASCII Data Query and Parser, Data timeout, Events notification
It is assumed that:
The parser is configured and you receives data successfully.
This task can be solved using alert emails that will be sent when the program didn't receive data some time. You may use a combination of two plugins: Data timeout and Events notification.
Data timeout - controls parser's variables. If the plugin will not receive values for a specified variable some time it will generate an event and this event can be handled by the "Event notification" plugin. Note: because this plugin works with parser variables, therefore the parser should work correctly and extract data packets from a common data flow;
Event notification - executes specified actions for one or more events. For example, it can play sounds or send emails.
Fig.1. Data timeout plugin
Fig.2. Data timeout plugin settings
Click the "OK" button and save the settings.
Fig.3. Event notification plugin
Fig.4. Adding a new event handler
Fig.5. Configuring a connection with a SMTP server
Fig.6. Email for notifications
Fig.7. Template for emails
The template may contain special placeholders. Right-click over the edit box and select it from a popup menu.
Then click the "OK" button and save all settings. As from now the program will send aler emails to your email.
- Redirecting COM port data to anoter COM port after transformation Tags: filter plugins, log files. Plugins: ASCII Data Parser, Expressions, Data redirecting
- Detecting data timeout using our data loggers and sending alert emails Tags: filter and events plugins, event notification. Plugins: ASCII Data Query and Parser, Data timeout, Events notification
- Replacing alarm line printers. Custom events for alarms and notifications. Tags: generating custom events. Plugins: Events generator, Events notification, ASCII Data Query and Parser, Data timeout