Data Logger Suite: Logging and Monitoring
MODBUS to MySQL: Writing MODBUS values to MySQL database
Configuring how to write MODBUS data to a MySQL database is very much similar to configuring how to write data to MSSQL. Only main differences are described in this manual.
Fig. 1 Driver section
2. The structure of a table in the database will look like this:
CREATE TABLE [dbo].[modbus_data_2]( [REC_ID] [int] IDENTITY(1,1) NOT NULL, [TIMESTAMP] [datetime] NULL, [ITEM1] [nchar](30) NULL, [ITEM2] [nchar](30) NULL ) ON [PRIMARY]
If you specify any other data type than String for ITEM1 or ITEM2 in the MODBUS settings, you should create the columns of the corresponding types while creating a table.
3. Create an ODBC data source for your MySQL database.
4 Follow steps #1-9 from the previos tutorial for MS SQL: "Writing MODBUS values to MS SQL".
5. During "Binding", you should take into account that the names of the table and its columns are case-sensitive in MySQL.
MODBUS RTU, MODBUS ASCII, MODBUS/TCP
- MODBUS power meter data logging (easy method)
- Sunspec-compatible MODBUS power meters, inverters (easy method)
- MODBUS RTU/TCP polling: Configuring master station (MODBUS RTU, MODBUS TCP, requests, response items).
- MODBUS poll: How to make sure that the application sends requests and receives responses?
- MODBUS poll: How to view register values, not raw MODBUS packets?
- MODBUS polling: How to make sure that the application correctly interprets the responses received from the device?
- MODBUS polling: How to view MODBUS register values in a more easy-to-grasp form (graphs, indicators, and so on)?
- MODBUS: How to combine the data of two requests?
- MODBUS: What is the right way to poll multiple devices?
- Controlling PLC coil registers status using MODBUS TCP (MODBUS data parser, custom scripts, events generating and handling).
- MODBUS to MSSQL: Writing MODBUS registers to separate columns
- MODBUS to MySQL: Writing MODBUS values to MySQL database
- MODBUS to database: Writing MODBUS RTU/TCP values to a database
- Sentron PAC 3200: MODBUS TCP Data Logging
- Writing data to a MODBUS device
- SQL to MODBUS: Sending data from a SQL database to MODBUS.