Data Logger Suite: Logging and Monitoring
Send data to a port from a file
I need to be able to send a HTML document out a serial port every 10 minutes. Do you have a products for that?
- Data Logger Suite: Logging and Monitoring Professional, Enterprise, or trial version;
- File request
It is assumed that:
You've created a configuration (using the "Green Plus" button in the main window and configured communication parameters (baud rate, number of data bits, flow control etc) in the data logger and can receive any data without communication errors.
Preparing a file with data
First of all you should prepare a HTML file. You may use an existing file or create a new one using a HTML editor.
Selecting necessary plug-ins
You need to install and enable the "File requests" plug in. This plug in allows sending requests to a port using data from a file.
Fig.1. File requests plug in
Configuring the "File request" plug-in
Please, open a configuration window of the File request plug-in (click the "Setup" button near a drop-down box fig. 1, pos.2). The dialog window will appear on the desktop (fig. 2).
Fig.2. Send to port schedule
- Specify a folder with your HTML file;
- Activate task scheduler;
- Specify time in the Cron format (see docs for a detailed description);
- Specify your file name (without path);
- Select the "Read mode". In this mode the program will repeatedly read a file and send it to a serial port.