Data Logger Suite: Logging and Monitoring
Writing data to a CSV text file
We should create other ASCII file with different structure in the CSV format.
- Data Logger Suite: Logging and Monitoring Professional, Enterprise, or trial version;
- DDE Server, Local database
It is assumed that:
You've prepared parser items for export.
For this tutorial all items were prepared in the previous part.
All parser items are ready for export. Now we should configure the Local database plug-in. This process is very simple. Please, open the configuration window of the Local database plug-in (fig. 2) by selecting the module in the list and clicking the "Setup" button on the "Data export" tab (fig. 1).
Fig.1. Local Database plugin.
Fig.2. CSV export. Selecting a database type.
- Select a database type at the field #1,
- In the field #2 specify a path, where new files will be created
- In the field #3 specify a file name prefix
- Configure parameters of your CSV file with the group of options #4. All options in this group are optional. You may use default values.
On the "Data formats" page you can specify a data format of your data. Because all our variables are with the "string" data type, then we don't need to change format options. On the "Columns order" page (fig.2) you can specify, how variables will be placed in a spreadsheet. Because we need 2 variables only, therefore, we need to create 2 items on this page by clicking the "Add item" button (fig.2, pos.5).
Fig.2. CSV export. Columns order options.
Before adding an item the program will ask you about an item description. You can type any characters here, which will help you to remember a variable's content.
Each data export item has following properties:
- Parser item name - it is a parser variable name, which we specified in the parser module. You may select a variable name from a drop-down box, which appears by clicking on a link of this property;
- Column order - it's a position of a variable in a spreadsheet. A minimum value is 1;
- Column length - it's a column width. This options are not required in our case, because we are using a delimited CSV file;
- Data type - the module will use this type for formatting a value.
Now, please, click the "OK" button and close the configuration window of the "Local database" plug-in. The click the "OK" button in the options window.
Ok. All settings had been configured and we are now ready for capturing barcodes.